Rights of Way Improvement Plan
We want to hear your views about the Liverpool City Region Rights of Way Improvement Plan (2018-2028). For more information and to download the document please click here
Welcome to Liverpool Ramblers
Liverpool Ramblers is one of the largest walking groups in the country. We arrange around 300 walks each year, ranging from short to long, from low-level strolls to mountain scrambling. We believe that Liverpool is probably the best urban base in the country for walking. We are within 90 minutes by road of Snowdonia, Lake District, Peak District and Yorkshire Dales.
If you enjoy:
- being outdoors and walking in the countryside
- socialising and making new friends
- being fit and healthy
then this group will be ideal for you.
Forthcoming walks are shown in the boxes on this page. Everything you need to know, including how to book, is covered in the walking pages of this site. You are very welcome to try two or three walks before deciding whether to join the Ramblers. You can join via the box on the left.
You don’t need to be super fit, own much specialist kit or have knowledge of maps or compasses. All walks are led by experienced walkers so you can relax and enjoy your time with our group. Suitable, well-fitting footwear is advisable to ensure your walk is comfortable. The range of walks on offer allows anyone to enjoy our walks and build up fitness levels.
We have a great Facebook site showing the enthusiastic postings of our members.
- We arrange Sunday walks for our members and the public, travelling by coach to the Lake District, Wales, the Peak District or other nearby areas
- We arrange Tuesday walks for our members, in the local area and usually by public transport, so you can leave your car at home
- We meet regularly in our Club Room with a programme of stimulating and entertaining events
- We have a programme of social events
- Our members arrange walking holidays, week-end and weeklong, in Britain and Europe
As members of the national Ramblers organisation
- We work to protect Britain's network of public paths so that we can all continue to enjoy the beautiful countryside
- We work to defend our existing access rights and to extend these where possible
- We defend the countryside from unsightly and polluting developments that detract from our enjoyment or are injurious or polluting to the environment
- We provide information about rights and responsibilities of walkers, and the health and environmental benefits of walking
You can learn more about the work of Ramblers from the Rambler's web site
Message from Yvonne Gordon (Group Secretary)
Good News from Adapt Outdoors
I have recently had a discussion with the manager of Adapt Outdoors and he is happy to give a discount to members of the Ramblers on all products on production of an up to date Members Card , with the exception of goods that already have a substantial discount. NB : similar discounts are available at Cotswold Brighams and Blacks .It may be well worth enquiring at other outdoor shops in town. One of the many great reasons to join the Ramblers !!
The Liverpool Group is a member of the Merseyside and West Cheshire Area of the Ramblers' Association. Other groups in our area are Cestrian (Chester), Merseyside 20s-30s Walkers, Southport, St. Helens and Wirral.